Live data feed: 6pm 18th Apr 2024         Total Business Sales: $521.9 million         ROI On Capital Invested: 28.00%         EBITDA To Owner: $157.2 million         Recent Deals: Aluminum Semi Trailer Manufacturing - Management Buyout     |     E-Commerce, Online, Door Hardware - Acquisition by Family Office     |     IP, Trademarks, Historical, FMCG, Property - Strategic acquisition by Trade Player

Business Brokers News: Online Kitchen Retailer Sold To Trade Buyer

Garry Stephensen

Article Author: Garry Stephensen
Position: Managing Director
Read time: 3 mins

Share Article:

 Sector: IT Computer - Online Retailing, E-commerce


Established in 2011 this predominately online store hit $1 million turnover in its first year of trading.

Located in South East Queensland, the business was created by seasoned online business experts. Using the trusted e-commerce platform Magento the company sells thousands of high-end kitchenware products from brands including Scanpan, Circulon, Joseph Joseph and Pyrex to national and international customers. 

The company has built a strong online presence through online marketing, sampling, paid internet advertising and search engine optimization resulting in growing their database to 25,000 clients. However, there is still opportunity to continue to grow the business by expanding distribution channels and customer base. 

The sale of the business was conducted by our Founding Director Mr. Rudy Weber using Lloyds Tender Process in conjunction with the application of Lloyds Target Marketing produced some spirited offers which resulted in a highly successful Sale this is our second Sale to that major online Company.

Click on the left navigation links to read more news and press releases.

View list of businesses sold by Lloyds

Back to home


During the 2018 calendar year, ecommerce sales represented approx $2.3 trillion and is expected to hit $4.5 trillion by the year 2021. In the United States alone, ecommerce represents approx 10% of retail sales and that number is expected to grow by nearly 15% each year!

Source:  Statista.com

A big contributor to online sales is traffic coming from social media.

Ecommerce online sales sector

Social Media Ecommerce Statistics:

  • On average, there are 1.46 billion active users each day on social media websites.

  • 14% of these active users are within North America (US or Canada), with the remaining 86% of these users outside that region.

  • 31% of online shoppers say they would likely buy from social media websites such as Snapchat or Facebook.

  • Almost 70% of YouTube views are using a mobile device.

  • 85% of consumers in the US read at least one social media website prior to purchasing.

  • Of the purchases coming through social media, 85% of these orders come from Facebook and the average purchase amount is $56 per purchase.

  • Posts with photos get 104% more comments, 53% more Likes and 84% higher click-through rates.

  • The best performing posts are those with 80 characters or less, receiving 66% more engagement.

  • 24% of online shoppers are influenced by endorsements made from friends, family and acquaintances via social media

  • Click through rates from ads on social media platforms are between 1-3%.   

  • In the US alone, over 500,000 businesses use Instagram as their primary marketing platform.

  • The average cost per click for e-commerce stores advertising on Instagram is $1.03. On Facebook the average CPC is $1.81.

  • The YouTube platform has over a billion users – nearly one-third of all consumers online.


Lloyds Corporate Brokers is a Corporate Authorised Representative under AP Lloyds Pty Ltd.
Australian Financial Services License 526061
Recent Press Releases:

Copyright 2018 © Lloyds Business Brokers 2008