Buying agent services
Lloyds Corporate Acquisition service is based on the premise that we can serve only one master - either the buyer or the seller, never both.
In most instances, we would act for the seller, and naturally, our fee structure is worked to maximise the return to our client, the seller, who pays our commission. However, in recent times, more and more buyers are realising that they can turn the tables in their own favour, by engaging the Agent as a Buyers Advocate. True, this means the buyer pays the commission, but sellers normally factor this into their price, and in any case, an experienced Agent can more than justify his charges in terms of benefit to his Client.
Our role as a Buyers Agent depends upon the nature of the assignment
- You have a particular business in mind, which you know is for sale, and you wish to negotiate at arms length, with or without expert assistance in valuing the business, and with or without your identity being revealed.
- You have a particular business in mind, and would like an Agent to find if the owners would be willing to sell. You may, or may not require further assistance with the acquisition.
- You have an industry in mind, and would like an Agent to find a suitable business within that industry.
- You have a set of parameters in mind, and would like assistance in finding a suitable business.
- You have no idea what you want, and need guidance.
What can Lloyds Business Brokers do as your Buying Agent?
- If you have a potential target acquisiton in mind, Lloyds can approach confidentially, on your behalf. Your identity is not revealed.
- Lloyds can search out businesses not necessarily on the market, that suit your requirements.
- When retained by you as a Buying Agent, our Legal Duty of Care is to you, rather than to the Vendor.
- We can negotiate price, terms, and conditions of sale on your behalf, rather than the Vendor's.
- A going concern can be a much more secure investment than starting up a new venture
- As Licensed Agents, we can act only on behalf of one Principal in a transaction, EITHER the Buyer, OR the Seller, NEVER both.
How much will it cost?
We charge a success fee based on the total acquistion cost. Whatever your requirement, we can negotiate a suitable fee structure which is commercially viable for you, and motivates us to produce the best outcome for you. We can give you some indication once we have a clear understanding of the task required of us.
If you would like to know more, please don't hesitate to contact us.